Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wookie? Walkie? Wiki?

As this summer session is wrapping up, so is our Secondary Science Wiki. I've really enjoyed using this wiki this summer because it was very easy to use and would be a great idea for collaboration amongst teachers in Knox County Schools. I'm not sure how hard it is to actually set up because ours was set up for us, but I can't imagine it would be too difficult. It would be great to have a wiki for chemistry teachers, for biology teachers, for physics teachers, etc. to share websites, documents, PowerPoints, pictures, and more. My biggest problem with the wiki is that anyone (with access, of course) could erase something by accident. Other than that, it's been a good learning experience with wikis, and now I have a better understanding of how wikipedia works, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment